Birgit's Food Fetish and Recipe Blog

First, these recipes are largely family recipes. I will try to attribute sources as much as possible, though some have been altered a bit from the original. Second, please excuse weird grammer and spelling. If I tried to edit everything I post, I'd never post anything. Third, some of my comments aren't for the faint of heart, since I can get kind of technical and biological about cooking and some of the ingredients. So, read at your own risk!

Saturday, November 14, 2020

 Mrs. Page’s Pumpkin Bread


Preheat oven to 325.


Sift together:

3 ½ cups flour

3 cups sugar

½ tsp baking powder

2 tsp baking soda

½ tsp salt

½ tsp allspice

½ tsp nutmeg

2 tsp cinnamon


Beat and add to dry ingredients: 4 eggs


Add in:

1 can pumpkin 

1 cup vegetable oil 


Bake: in 2 greased loaf pans for 1 ½ hours @ 325.


Grease tops of loaves with butter after baking while still hot.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home